Plaster casting step 3
With my plaster casts I created silicone rubber impressions.
What you will need:
Rubber mixing bowl
Here is what I did:
- The amount of silicone you will need depends on the depth of your plaster casts.
- Mix four heaped table spoons of silicone with one cap full of catalyst.
- Mix well until the viscosity of the mixture changes and becomes stiffer when stirring.
- From arms height, drizzle the liquid into the centre of the plaster cast.
- When you have dropped all of the mixture into the cast, give it a vigorous shake/tap to disperse the air bubbles.
- Leave to set for a couple of days.
- When the silicone is set you can peel it away from the plaster mould.
The plaster casts can be used indefinitely to create as many impressions as you like.