Working on a new series of prints to go on sale for the York Open Studios exhibition!
Here I am printing from a variety of different shaped and sized leaves.
If you would like to make your own leaf prints,
Here is what you will need:
Printing ink Pallet knife
Olive oil A small paintbrush
Ink roller Work bench
Glass surface White spirit
Paper towels Rubber Gloves
Printing press Paper
Drying rack Leaf(s)
Here is what to do:
- Use the pallet knife to scoop out some ink onto the glass surface.
- Pour a small amount of oil over the ink and mix well with the pallet knife.
- The oil should have thinned the ink out slightly.
- Apply a small amount of ink onto your leaf with the brush.
- You may need to dab any excess ink off with a paper towel.
- Place your paper onto the bed of the printing press with the inked leaf faced down onto the paper.
- Lay the felt sheets over your paper.
- Pull the print through the press.
- When your print has come through the other side of the press, carefully lift the felt sheets and take the leaf off of your paper.
- The ink should have transferred the details of the leaf onto the paper.
- You may need to adjust the pressure of the press to achieved your desired print.
- When you are ready to clean away, use the white spirit to remove the ink from the glass surface, pallet knife and brush.
To view my prints please visit my Prints page.