Thank you to everyone who visited the open studios exhibition and purchased some of my work! 😀
If you didn’t have a chance to visit the Open Studios event, all of my new prints are now up on my site. To view, visit the Prints page.
To view my exhibition shots in full, please visit my York Open Studios exhibition page.
Images of my own work from the YOS 15 event.
Work by Lauren Glynn for the YOS 15 event.
For more information visit Lauren’s website.
As part of York Open Studios 2015, I will be exhibiting a singular piece of work within Blossom Street Gallery for the Open Studios taster event.
The taster exhibition will be running from Wednesday 18th March – Sunday 26thApril. Monday to Saturday 9.30am – 5.30pm. Sunday 10am-3pm.
For more information visit the Blossom street Gallery website Here.
Today I am experimenting with latex.
I have used my collagraph plaques to create these latex reliefs.
What you will need:
What to do:
- First you will need to apply a layer of vaseline to protect your textural surface and ensure that the latex can be easily removed once set.
- Follow the instructions on the latex bottle & latex hardener and mix accordingly (usually 1 : 10).
- Give the mixture a stir until you feel the latex stiffening.
- Apply the latex to your surface in thin layers.
- Wait for each layer to dry before applying the next.
- Build to the desired thickness (I used about 4 layers).
- When all the latex is set you can peel it way from your surface.