Today I printed from my perspex etchings and achieved some nice results!
To do this yourself you will need access to a laser cutter and a printing press.
To achieve the depth of etch on my perspex,
Here are the settings I used:
- First convert your images to black and white and up the contrast on photoshop.
- On the laser cutter, set your images to the size you want (mine are 13.5 x 15.5 cm).
- Posturize your images.
- Use the rectangle tool to draw around your images.
- Change this rectangle to hairline and colour red (this indicates the laser to cut all the way through the perspex)
- Go to printing preferences
- Advanced – set the etch cut to 3mm
- General – resolution – 300 DPI
- General – engrave direction – bottom up
- General – image dithering – Floyd Steinberg
- Colour mapping – black – speed 60, power 100
Feel free to play around with these settings further to achieve different results.